Stuff the Bus is a school supply drive and back to school fundraising campaign. Stuff the Bus ensures that students in the greater Pierce County area have the tools and support from our Site Coordinators they need to succeed all year long.
This year, CIS of Tacoma will be distributing the backpacks full of supplies at the Stuff the Bus Block Party on Thursday, August 24th at Mt. Tahoma High School. The Block Party will include Backpack & School Supply Giveaway, Vendor booths that are geared towards youth & families and lots of fun.
There are a few ways you can get involved:
- Host a supply drive at your business location. We’ll provide the box and graphics, you set out the box and promote it to your employees and/or customers. Sign up to be a collection site.
- Sponsor the event. Sponsorship of this community-wide school supply drive and Block Party ensures students in the greater Pierce County area have the tools and support they need to succeed all year long! Sponsorship opportunities can be found here. Sponsorships may be paid through this link or via ACH.
- Donate to the Stuff the Bus drive. Order supplies online and have them shipped directly to us, make a monetary donation, or drop off supplies at any of our collection sites listed below.
- Volunteer. Volunteers are needed to help round up supplies from our collection sites, help sort supplies into backpacks and work the Block party. Sign up to volunteer here.
- Table with a vendor booth. Groups/Organizations are welcome to table at the Block Party on Thursday, August 24th. Once you complete the request to participate form, you will receive a formal application and additional details via email.
Want more information about getting involved or volunteering? Email Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-571-5166.
Download our flyer with the supply list here.
- Scientific Calculators
- pencil pouches
- #2 pencils
- Filler paper
- Spiral notebooks
- pocket folders
- Toothbrush & Paste
- Menstrual care products
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks & Bottles
- Hand sanitizer
- Post-It notes
- Dry erase markers
- Travel hygiene kits
For more information, email Nicole at email@example.com or call 253-571-5166
Thursday, August 17th
- Shift #1: 8:00 AM-1:45 PM 12 volunteers needed. Volunteers will ride the school bus to donation sites to pick up donated supplies throughout the city. Volunteers must be able to lift and carry heavy objects. Volunteers for this shift must commit to working from 8:00 AM-1:45 PM to keep the bus on schedule. Lunch will be provided.
- Shifts #2-3: 15 volunteers needed per shift. Volunteers will unload the school bus and help sort school supplies. Volunteers must be able to lift and carry heavy objects and be comfortable being on their feet for the duration of the shift.
- Shift #2: 1:45 PM – 3:45 PM
- Shift #3: 3:15 PM – 5:00 PM
Monday, August 21st-Wednesday, August 23
15 volunteers needed per shift. Monday-Wednesday volunteer shifts will include sorting school supplies and packing backpacks with supplies. Volunteers must be able to lift and carry heavy objects and be comfortable being on their feet for the duration of the shift.
- Shift #4: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Shift #5: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Shift #6: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Shift #7: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Shift #8: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Shift #9: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Sponsorship opportunities are available. See our sponsorship packages here.
For more info, contact Nicole at njackso1@cisoftacoma or at 253-571-5166