Position Status: 32-40 hours/week with occasional weekend and evening hours, occasional travel to meeting locations
Location: Oakland High School
Reports to: CIS of Tacoma Executive Director
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick and holiday time.
Pay Range: $16-$19 per hour, depending on experience
This position will work under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Impact Initiatives and school site team to support students through the implementation of the evidence-based CIS model of integrated students supports. The Health Outreach Coordinator will work with community partners, school staff, and volunteers to coordinate resources and services necessary to address the academic, social/emotional, and health needs of students in a non-traditional school setting who are at risk of dropping out of school and who have identified vulnerabilities. The Health Outreach Coordinator is a key player in helping students to stay in school and graduate.
· Identify the needs of partner school and deliver services using the CIS Model
· Create a system of resources and partnerships to provide case management services to students who have been affected by Adverse Childhood Experiences
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, youth, parents, service providers and others
· Coordinate resource and service delivery that support students’ academic, personal, and health-related goals
· Assist students with navigating health coverage eligibility
· Evaluate, monitor and adjust the services being delivered to students
· Prepare monthly reports outlining service delivery, outcomes and goal achievement
· Secure resources and partnerships through community outreach
· Recruit and manage volunteers
· Represent Communities In Schools at events, meetings with partners, and other public forums
· Participate in meetings and conference calls on a regular basis
· Attend training/workshops to enhance skills and develop new and creative ideas
· All other duties which may be required from time to time
· Previous experience working with disadvantaged youth
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Basic computer skills, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, and ability to learn other data base systems quickly
· Ability to manage time and set priorities independently
· Ability to organize information and documents
· Strong commitment to community service
· Good problem-solving skill sets to
· Dependability, excellent attendance and commitment to timeliness
· Understanding of resource development or a strong desire to learn about resource development
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Must pass a criminal background check, provide two references, have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, and ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Nova Hernandez, Director – Strategic Impact Initiatives firstname.lastname@example.org