- Kindergarten Expectations
- Play to Learn is a FREE program for children and adults to play TOGETHER! Now offered at 22 community locations throughout Pierce County!
Fall 2018 Play To Learn Schedule
Play to Learn is for parents, grandparents, neighbors, family, and friends who nurture children ages six and under. Thematic curriculum invites individual play, fun group activities, songs, and a whole group circle time for children and adults to enjoy together. No registration required to attend.
- Pathway Program – TPS student numbers act as a library card at Tacoma Public Libraries!
- BookFlix – Watch online Scholastic book video storybooks from a computer or smartphone. Log in with your Student ID or Tacoma public library card number. Each storybook is paired with a non-fiction book and extension activities that stretch learning farther!From here, Ready, Set, Read families can log:
1) Explore the 5 senses with City dog and Country dog
2) A Chick Grows Up
3) Planting a Rainbow
4) In a Small, Small Pond
5) Click, Clack, Moo
6) Chicka Chicka, Boom Boom
7) I Stink
8) All the World
….with all that, logging just 2 more collection books earns a prize!
- Washington Library Association Children’s Choice Book Awards – Students can vote for their favorite books from this list. Coordinating activities are also provided by WLA. This is a great followup for champions to continue adventuring in books
- Booked on Hilltop – Free books to bring home from little libraries around Hilltop – being built now!
- Book to Barbershop – Our local barbers are sharing the joy of reading with their K-5th grade customers!
Tacoma Metro Parks – Whole Child Access Pass
Free for those enrolled in TPS Schools, this card provides discounted and free access to many locations around Tacoma!