- This event has passed.
Stuff the Bus is a school supply drive and back to school fundraising campaign. Stuff the Bus ensures that students in the greater Pierce County area have the tools and support from our Site Coordinators they need to succeed all year long.
There are a few ways you can get involved:
- Host a supply drive at your business location. We’ll provide the box and graphics, you set out the box and promote it to your employees and/or customers. Sign up to be a collection site here.
- Sponsor the event. Sponsorship of this community-wide school supply drive ensures students in the greater Pierce County area have the tools and support they need to succeed all year long! Sponsorship opportunities can be found here.
- Donate to the Stuff the Bus drive. Order supplies online (coming soon) and have them shipped directly to us, make a monetary donation here, or drop off supplies at any of our collection sites listed below.
- Volunteer. Volunteers are needed to help round up supplies from our collection sites, and to help sort supplies into backpacks. Sign up to volunteer here.
Want more information about getting involved or volunteering? Email Jessica at email@example.com or call 253-571-5166.
- 3 ring binders
- pencil pouches
- #2 pencils
- Filler paper
- Spiral notebooks
- pocket folders
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks & Bottles
- Hand sanitizer
- Post-It notes
- Dry erase markers
Donate to support students as they head back to school!
For more information, email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-571-5166
Tuesday, August 16th
- Shift #1 – 8:00 AM-1:45 PM: 12 volunteers needed. Volunteers will ride the school bus to donation sites to pick up donated supplies throughout the city. Volunteers must be able to lift and carry heavy objects. Volunteers for this shift must commit to working from 8:00 AM-1:45 PM to keep the bus on schedule. Lunch will be provided.
- Shifts #2-4: 15 volunteers needed per shift. Volunteers will unload the school bus and help sort school supplies. Volunteers must be able to lift and carry heavy objects, and be comfortable being on their feet for the duration of the shift.
- Shift #2 – 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
- Shift #3 – 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM
- Shift #4 – 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, August 17th
15 volunteers needed per shift. Wednesday volunteer shifts will include sorting school supplies and packing backpacks with supplies. Volunteers must be able to lift and carry heavy objects, and be comfortable being on their feet for the duration of the shift.
- Shift #5: 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Shift #6: 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Shift #7: 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM
- Shift #8: 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Sponsorship opportunities are available. See our sponsorship packages here.
For more info, contact Jessica at email@example.com or at 253-571-5166